Applicability of e-invoicing and other important provisions
The applicability of E-invoicing and other important provisions are summarised below:
As per NOTIFICATION No. 17/2022–Central Tax, dated 1st August, 2022,
From 1st October 2022, GST Taxpayers whose aggregate turnover exceeds Rs. 10 crore in any Financial Year* are required to generate E-invoice for B2B Supply of Goods or Services or Both, or for Exports.
The following categories of GST registered persons are exempt from generating the E-invoice, irrespective of the turnover limit:
- an Insurer, Banking Company, Financial Institution including an NBFC
- A Goods Transport Agency (GTA)
- Person supplying Passenger Transportation services
- Person supplying services by way of admission to the exhibition of cinematographic films in multiplex services
- SEZ unit, Government Department and Local Authority.
Such Exempt categories of persons are required to make a Declaration** on the invoice that they are having turnover above the limit notified under Rule 48(4), but not issuing an E-invoice as it is not required to be issued by them.
*Any Financial Year means any preceding Financial Year from 2017-18 onwards.
**Rule 46(s): A declaration as below,
“I/We hereby declare that though our aggregate turnover in any preceding financial year from 2017-18 onwards is more than the aggregate turnover notified under sub-rule (4) of rule 48, we are not required to prepare an invoice in terms of the provisions of the said sub-rule.”]
Check out Other Blogs